Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day

Yesterday was Earth Day.....as my friend said (Hanz)...what does it mean to you?  As for me....earth has been our good friend for yearsss....when you have a friend like this...cherish the friendship like you never had...take a good care of her...now I began to realize that how important of doing the recycling of  material that we used..for my small contribution towards this:
1. I always bring my shopping bags when doing my monthly grocery shopping
2. I choose one day to do my laundry with fully loaded of clothes
3. Let my kids bring their food in a tupperware to school.(can save money also when doing your own lunch)
4. My husband and kids bring water from home (in this case you can save money also)
5. Switch off lights and fans when you are not in that particular area
These are a few that I have managed to do... maybe there will be more soon...

But one thing that I still could not do is driving a car from one place to another place although it is near to my house..eg. fetching my kids from school it is five minutes away from the house...
Anyway I am trying to make myself earth friendly and educate my kids and family...

No comments: