Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Am I Exaggerating Myself???

Hari ni, try to be ceria....one cup of coffee at the side...to start a new day...so start next month I will be going to work only for two days...two months intensively to concentrate on Alya....for her big exam...I am also preparing myself with all the knowledge that I can give and guide her....motivations and encouragements....try not to pressure her....this is from my experience....during my time..my mum always tell me if you do not excel yourself...what you gonna be..'.nak jadi tukang sapu sampah kat tepi jalan! the burden was there heavily on me...I am not an excel student...but maybe I am lucky to get quite good results...during my school days..I was a late bloomer during my studies...so I understand what Alya is going through right now...but sometimes as a mother..we want our children to get every result with flying colours.....sometimes I try to remind myself to calm down, take a deep breath...do it slowly...no matter how you want your kids to excel in academic and life please do not belittle them....inspire them...encourage them...guide them..and as a muslim remind them not to leave the prayers....all in all the help comes from Allah plus the efforts.  Frankly said, I, myself  feel very nervous about all these..

I bought a lot of books..in order to help my children...recently I bought one book title 'Petua Membantu Anak Berjaya' by Dato' Dr. Mohd Fadzilah Kamsah. Lots of tips given in this book..such as how to bring out curiousity in you kids, how to make you kids to be independent, teach them how to be flexible, how to enhance and sharpen their mind...and lots more.
Another book is titled 'Apa Bakat Saya?' published by PTS Milliennia Sdn. Bhd.  in this book tells you about all the myths that were told by our parents, teachers, friends and others about success in academics and life..how to develop the talent inside your kids and others...

All these books and others that I bought..I use it as a guide to help my children and tell them that it is alright to make mistakes and must learn from it...me also as a mother should accept their mistakes and patient with their behaviours...after all, all of us are not perfect...so it is not fair if we want our children to be perfect...

2 comments:

Nina said...

wah....kita sedang berdepan situasi yg sama gak rupanya ni.....nina pun try tak mau pressure, but sometimes org lain lak yg terlebih pressure.....

Alysya said...

semua orang nak perfect from their children...tapi kena jugak tengok diri kita..takut jadi macam ketam..